House decoration or interior designing is a way by which you can make your house look beautiful, better, and presentable in front of the people you love and guests. There are many ways to do this including prop arrangement, touch-ups, better finishing products and many more. If we talk about walls, there are ways such as painting, wallpapers and else, but when we talk about the floors we still have got a lot of options, but the best amongst them is the laminated flooring. This might be a new thing for a lot of people, but this is a quite handy process when it comes to making your house look better in terms of flooring. So let us talk about laminate flooring in this article.
What exactly does laminate flooring mean?
Actually to keep it straight and simple laminated flooring is a type of synthetic flooring which has multi-layers on it making it look better and harder. To get the perfect laminated flooring this multi-layer flooring is perfectly synchronized with the process of lamination that becomes a protection sheet on the wooden floor. It helps in preventing it from getting spoilt and other factors as well. In this process, the floor is protected under clear protective layers so that it lasts long enough. On more occasions, the wooden laminated flooring composes fiberboard materials as well as melamine resin. There are a lot of benefits that you can have from this kind of flooring.
What is the complete process of installing the laminated wooden flooring?
For those who are taking the help of the experts, this might not be the thing for you. But trust me installing the laminated wooden flooring is not that tough, you can do it even by yourself. And if you are doing it yourself then, here is how you should do it.
- Every unfinished wooden board has to be fined before using it. So do remove the tongue of each wooden plank that has to be used in the flooring process. This will give you better synch as well as a good after effect.
- The next step includes tracing the walls with the floor to check out the length and width of the planks that have to be used. Once you have done the tracing process, you will then have to cut it down. But do remember, before you cut down the planks mark them to be much précised. And after cutting go for another round of removing the tongue.
- Then after these two steps assemble the complete first row of the floor. You will have to keep in mind that this is going to take a while because you need to be very précised and a small mistake can make it look bad.
- Do remember, it’s not just the steel but also the wood that expands. For those who are doing it by themselves keep in mind that the wooden flooring should have a small space to expand towards the wall. Don’t leave a gap in between but do leave some between the floor and the wall.
- Once the first row is done, cut out the second one in the same fashion and then assemble it.
- You know how many rows you have to fit in your floor so get them done within the same way.
How long does it last?
Wooden flooring is termed as one of the best ways to floor your house, and when it comes to its durability, then you should know that they have a very long cycle. A wooden flooring if taken care of can last for up to 10 years and more. All you need to do is give some touch ups to it at regular intervals. So if you are already planning to get this in your house, there are many options for you, and you can check the laminate flooring price in Delhi. There is no hard and fast rule that you just need to check it offline, go for the online options as well. This will open up your options, and you never know there might be a way you could get a better deal online.
How to maintain laminate flooring?
Now, this is one important thing that you need to keep in mind. To keep your floor well off you need to keep a few things in mind.
- Wipe up the water or any liquid spill on the floor. The more you neglect this, the more your floor gets deteriorated.
- Do put some kind of cushioning under the table, beds and chairs’ legs. This cushioning is very important because if you don’t do this, you might get your floor scratched or even worse.
- When it comes to cleaning, just use a lightly damped mop, do not use any kind of pine scented cleaners or water.
So with all these things, you can definitely help your house look good and better. For more such content you can visit the other sections of BVG site.